Information on services
- The Sacred Heart Church maintains its weekly Sunday service at 10.00 am but during the Summer months of June to August, this changes to the earlier time of 9.30 am.
- The choir usually sings on the first Sunday of the month, except in the months of July and August and also sings at special Masses or occasions.
- Baptisms take place on the 2nd and 4th Sunday of the month after mass
- Both girls and boys serve on the altar usually after they make their First Holy Communion until they leave P7
- The collection is taken up on a weekly basis with several men in the area sharing this task. Ministers of the word read approximately once every two months
- Mass is celebrated on the First Friday of every month, usually confessions are available before Mass (post 1998 fire there is no longer a confessional box in the chapel – confessions are heard in the Sacristy with the use of a bespoke screen)
- Weekly bulletins and missalettes are brought out by the priest from Dungannon on a Sunday.
Pioneer Sunday is usually a Sunday in May when the pioneer book is distributed
Special ceremonies during the year include:
- St Patrick’s Day – the choir usually includes a repertoire of hymns in Irish
- Easter Vigil Mass on Holy Saturday night (preceded by Ash Wednesday Mass, Holy Thursday, Stations of the cross on Good Friday)
- The Blessing of the Graves – usually a ceremony as opposed to Mass, outside in the graveyard on a Friday evening in June (weather permitting) includes participation from the choir
- First Holy Communion – usually a Saturday in May. (Confirmation takes place in St Patrick’s Church, Dungannon)
- Mass for deceased members – the local football club, Clonmore Robert Emmets usually remember their deceased members at a special Mass scheduled in November
- Christmas Eve Vigil Mass – this will include a nativity presentation by the local schoolchildren and a repertoire of seasonal hymns by the Clonmore Choir sung by candlelight
- Other Holy Days of Obligation are celebrated with either 10.00am morning Mass or 7.30 evening Mass